Friday, July 16, 2010

Fun times!

I've been looking for a dresser to put in Makayla's room. I've bought so much clothes for her that I wanted to get them out of my closet and in her room. Plus, with my "girl" shower tomorrow I'll have lots of stuff to put in there. We looked at Babies-r-us, but I couldn't believe how expensive a simple dresser is! I didn't care too much about a changing place because I do have one in Jax room. I also wanted the cherry wood for her furniture, but I found this super cute piece, with a changing pad, in our local classifieds! Plus, her room is pretty dark, so dark furniture might be too much. This is a 600 dollar dresser, and we got it for 170.00! Its no 30.00 yard sale, but its very cute and was very cheap!! Now I can start filling it!


I'm super excited about the shower tomorrow. Everyone is bringing their cute kido's, and a couple of people will be there that I haven't even met in person yet. You better believe I'm taking Ray's nice camera!
This waiting game is a killer! Its way worse than paperwork. At least when I have paperwork to do I feel like I'm contributing. Our paperwork wasn't submitted Thursday, which means it should be submitted next Thursday, and it can take up to two weeks from there for us to find out our date. I'm just a little frustrated because I thought we'd be there by now, and I bought a ton of summer clothes, but by the time we get her home it will be September, and summer will be about over! I want to dress her up in the summer, not the yucky, cold winter!
I know it will all work out, and I just need to be patient. But its hard when you've been waiting for 12 years to have a little girl!!
And remember, Sunday is the last day to order from Mountain girl silver for a portion to be donated to our adoption fund!

9 comments:

Kristin said...

From the sounds of things, I don't think 2 drawers is gonna be enough. Hehe. Check IKEA if you need another one.
See ya tomorrow :)

Alison said...

Have fun at the shower - I really wish I could be there!!

Rochelle said...

Very cute, I hope the 2 drawers aren't enough and that her room is filled with loads. Enjoy the shower can't wait to see the pictures.

Stephanie said...

I love it! But I think you going to need more space too!

And don't fret, winter clothes are just as fun. Don't forget you can layer and everything can match. From her hat and coat to her little leggings and hair bows! winter is better for shoes too. Cute boots and patten leather. And cozy winter pj's.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I definately see a second dresser in her future. :) I wish I was near you, I would love to come to the Girl Shower!!

Proctor family said...

that is a good find on the dresser. we will see you in a little while.

Michelle and Sean said...

I love that dress!!

Can't wait to meet you at the shower today!!

To Love Endlessly said...

What a nice dresser! I've been on the lookout for a dresser for the boys. Hopefully I can score a good deal like you found! Have fun at the shower.

Michelle said...

that looks like the same dresser Kayla had (and Lucas has now) :-) That's great you were able to get it for such a deal!