Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The big brother

I thought it was time to do a post on someone other than the two little ones.
I picked Carter because of the "oh so grown up" thing he did in his class the other day. Oh and because I got some cute pics of him this afternoon!

Carter has always been my little dreamboat! Girls flock to him, and teachers at the school love him. I have nicknamed him my student body president! He's the kid that is nice to everyone, is helpful, and just plain cute. I can totally see him as student body president in high school. He's a good athlete, and he's been known to help other kids in his class at P.E. when they are struggling.

He's come home a few times and told me about kids that have said the "R" word, and he's asked them nicely not too. I guess there is a little girl that always says it. So he went up to his teacher and asked her if they could talk about the R word in class.

So yesterday his teacher had a discussion about hurtful words. It wasn't just about the R word, but all hurtful words. Point is this discussion never would have taken place if Carter hadn't mentioned it. I guess he told his class its hurtful to his baby brother and sister. That its making fun of them. The class has seen his siblings, and he asked them if they looked any different to them. Most of the kids said no!
This little man will change the world, one class at a time!

13 comments:

Alison said...

That story bought a tear to my eye! What an awesome big brother.

Scrappy quilter said...

WTG Carter!!! You're the bomb man. Great job!! And you're kinda cute too. You are indeed an awesome big brother.

Kristin said...

Way to go Carter!

The VW's said...

You must be so proud of him! Great job Carter for being such a caring young man! What a sweet and handsome guy!

Blessed with Boys said...

What a sweetie!! ANd I LOVE the freckles, to cute! What a blessing he is the world!!

Corinne Judy Smith said...

I swear him and my Jamison would get along so well! He is a cutie!

Rochelle said...

Awesome Carter! You are too adorable!

Sarah Marie said...

He sounds like a very grown up little boy.. You should be very proud.

Jeana said...

I love that! I wish I was as courageous as Carter, and I sure hope my future kids are too! What great parent's he has, and of course amazing siblings.

Angi said...

Awesome !!! You guys are doing such a great job :-)

Team Carter Jay said...

Oh how I love the Carters in the world!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Awesome! I'm sure you're beaming with pride!!! What an amazing little boy!

Melissa said...

Good job Carter!! It is hard to speak up sometimes, but he will change people when he does.

And I think he is so handsome too!