Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Through with flying colors

We got to the house on the hill this morning with butterflies. We never know how he's going to do with anesthesia, and also what they might find. He was asleep before the docs even came in to examine him. Who needs anesthesia.


Of course the doc told me everything that could go wrong. And everything he is at risk for due to his history and being hard to extubate.

I already had a huge headache. And I didn't even meet the doc who did it, only the anethesiologist. So when it was over no one came in to tell me how it looked. They just called my name and told me I could go back. So I assumed they were able to extubate him ok, if he was in PACU instead of heading to PICU. I got back to him and he was wide awake! I was like, did you guys even take him back yet, this is so not Jaxson. Look at those wide eyes, fingers in the mouth.


I called my pediatrician when I got home and she looked up the report. Its kind of hazy. It says there were no obvious clots but there were white spots on his valve, ok, the valve that is already leaking like crazy. Great. She also won't let the PICC come out until we know everything is ok. So we continue baths in the sink until we get that darn thing out.
We are just glad to be home. Sweet home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things went well! Keep up the fight little guy, you continue to amaze us!
Sending hugs and Prayers!
Angela

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. So glad everything went well. He looks like such a cutie pie just lounging around.

Junior said...

So happy to hear that the tests went smoothly. Such cute pics.

Heather said...

Alright ...I know I have been caught up in my own little bit of chaos but how have I missed you and most especially your own personal warrior Jaxson?Another sweet baby handed MORE than his fair share but what a fighter.I feel privileged that you come by to visit our little Zoey and for that I thank you.Would it be alright if I add Jaxson to Zoey's friends?Just let me know.I won't until I hear from you.Take care and thank you for letting me know your out there so I can follow your courageous little boys journey

My Three Sons said...

Well it sounds like things went well. It stinks that a doctor didn't come out and talk to you. Talking about poor bedside manners.

Anyways, I will keep little Jax in my prayers that he can get that PICC out soon.

Love Kaci and Carson

Maureen said...

I am so glad as well that everything went ok. What a stressful day. If you want to borrow a girl, you can have Penny for a couple of days! I have 3 brothers and was hoping for all boys until this little wonder showed up.

I didn't realize that Jaxson was 3 already. Wow, what a strong family you must be. You guys are so blessed to have each other.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to hear things went well!

Thanks for commenting the other day - I've been reading your site since then. I'd be happy to chat anytime - send me an email!

Kathleen said...

i love that picture with his hands on his mouth. He's such a child there it's too precious