Thursday, June 14, 2012

A heart stopper!

I think today I had one of the most heartstopping moments in the six years of life in the medically fragile world. The ENT came out to chat, and her pager went off. she said they were calling her back up, as she was running out the door! She left me with my heart racing and my jaw on the floor! I think I went a full two minutes without taking a breath! She came back in and said it wasn't Jax, they were just letting her know that her next case was ready!
Seriously, you can't do that to a momma!
Jax is sporting new ear tubes, and is sleeping in his PICU bed. We will be restarting feeds and see how the retching plays out. Hoping for a quiet night!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh geesh Lacey. Definitely a heat stopper.

I remember vividly, the day of Zoey's heat surgery, they told me to expect the doctor to take 3 hours. I knew when he started the repair because of updates and then, 1 hour and 40 minutes into it, the surgeon comes waltzing into the parents room over to Mark and I. Nearly fell off my chair. Everything was fine... he was just super speedy. As a matter of fact, I don't know if you saw the little boy who has that great Darth Vader VW commercial,under went his 8th heart surgery today, but his surgeon at CHLA, is Zoey's too. Amazing surgeon but caused this mom a near heart attack as well!!

Prayers for a quick, uneventful stay.

The VW's said...

I might have ran right after her! Glad Jax was fine and did well! Hugs!

Melanie L said...

If cell phones can have different ring tones for different people, why can't doctor pagers have different sounds for different patients? You could hear the sound for your son, and if you heard a different pager sound, you wouldn't have to worry!

Melissa said...

How scary! But so glad everything was good with Jax!

Anonymous said...

so scary, but what a relief when you learned it wasn' jaxon! i'm glad to hear he's home! YEAH! :) hoping you don't have to bounce back to get the diet leveled out